Name Event: Applause
Name Founder(s): Daniel Peris and Miriam Peláez
Commercial and Event manager: Emma Olivero
Event description: The largest App Marketing and Mobile Growth Congress held in Spain
Date of Event: Friday, June 1, 2018
Can you give a short introduction about yourself, how the APPLAUSE Summit event has been founded, and the event itself?
How has APPLAUSE Summit been founded?
EO: “Applause was founded in 2016 by PickASO, the first App Marketing Agency in Spain. Their Founders, Daniel Peris and Miriam Peláezrealized that a Mobile Growth event must be celebrated in Spain due to the market growth. At the first edition all the attendees were Spanish and it was a small event. Two years later, Applause has an international character and focused to 300 worldwide App marketing professionals. The goal of Applause is keep on growing and attracting professionals for one day to learn and do business in the wonderful city of Barcelona.”
Can you tell something about the event itself (location, number of events/visitors, interesting speakers etc.)?
EO: “This year Applause celebrates its 3rd edition at the W Barcelona hotel. The conference gather together 300 App marketing professionals around the world.”
At the Applause event will participate leading companies and speakers in the industry such as:
- Javier Castro, Head of EMEA Gaming at Google;
- Guy Uziely, Spanish Markets Lead & Senior Success Manager at AppsFlyer;
- Moshe Vaknin, CEO at YouAppi;
- Kobi Edelstein, Vice President of Advertising at Appnext;
- Luca Giacomel, Data Scientist at Bending Spoons;
- Ivy Yu, Head of United States &Latam at Yeahmobi;
- Xavier Bourlard, SVP Global Business Development at Headway;
- Patrick Kane, CEO at Priori Data;
- Ekaterina Petranova, Marketing Manager at Rocket Internet;
- Moritz Daan, Partner and co-Fundador of Phiture;
- Daniel Peris, CEO and co-Founder of TheTool and PickASO;
- Antti Paikkala, User Acquisition Manager at Small Giant Games;
- Peggy Anne Salz, Founder of MobileGroove;
- Jonathan Raveh, Director of Monetization and Strategic Partnerships at Neura;
- Peter Fodor, CEO and Founder of AppAgent;
- Víctor Momparler, performance Marketing Manager at Just Eat Spain;
- Gaela le Janne, CRM Manager at Wallapop;
- Thomas Petit, Growth Team Member at 8fit;
- GessicaBicego, Director of Performance Marketing at Blinkist;
- Roberto Sbrolla, Online Marketing Manager B2C at InfoJobs, among others.
Can you please tell something about the mobile App market (trends, number of users, new generation). Which online marketing trends do you currently see?
EO: “In 2016 the business of mobile applications achieved a revenue of 1.3 trillion dollars and, according toApp Annie, it will reach a 6.3 trillion dollars revenue in 2021. In addition, Apps have become a generator of employment. TheProgressive Policy Institute estimates that more than 1.6 million jobs have been created in the European Union in this sector, a figure similar to that of the United States.
The economic data from the industry of mobile applications guarantees that the sector enjoys an enviable health. For this reason, Applause has become the reference event for Spanish mobile application marketing professionals and one of the most outstanding on the international scene.”
Why should all App Founders and other App stakeholders join this event?
EO: “I will give you 6 reasons to attend:
- Networking Opportunities. If you attend Applause you will expand your professional network
- Discover new partners.
- Learn in an amazing space: The W Barcelona hotel
- Meet App Marketing Experts Face to Face
- Taste delicious Spanish Food
- Have fun at the Networking Happy Hour”.
More generally, you as a visionary person, what is your view on the new technologies of the digital smartphone (App) world.
EO: “As I answered in the 2nd question, there are several studies that support the growth of the App Economy during the following years.”
Do you think an online community platform (App ecosystem) like Applepies can help App Founders/Owners to increase the user visibility/engagement?
EO: “Sure! With Applepies AppFounders and owners can find potential customers and providers for their business. It is a great initiative to get more visibility of your App or product and keep in touch with other professionals.”
Last but not least, what can you offer all the Applepies network relations regarding attractive entrance fees?
EO: “We offer to Applepies users a 30% discount using the code APPLEPIES30 to buy Applause 2018 tickets. Do not miss this opportunity!
If you need further information, contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org”